Saturday, June 16, 2012

What to do with your life?

I actually do have time to blog, and I've plenty of ideas. But they're like all over the place. Kind of like when I got an idea for something to write about and then afterwards I get another idea and then another one later on. Its pretty hard for me to get them all sorted out and put them in passage form. I'm a weird person, when I get ideas, I get A LOT of them AT THE SAME TIME. Which is kind of not so good, cause I won't have time to save them down. Like right now, I get plenty to blog about. Its contradicting. 

Okay, on with the post today.
I'm gonna start with this: I read this somewhere sometime and took it down. Its actually quite amazing and mind boggling at the same time. Ha! Its about life on earth and how we're all connected: 

Fact: 
Did you know that the next breath you take will contain dinosaur breath? It sounds weird, but it's true. Here's how it works. Air is really a mixture of several gases. A gas is a light, invisible substance that floats freely in the air (unless its colored gases, of course.) --- steam, for example.
Two of these gases, nitrogen and oxygen, make up almost all of the air. There's only a small amount of minute gas Argon in the air. Yet an American astronomer named Harlow Shapley calculated that each breath you breathe out, or exhale, contains about 30,000,000,000,000,000,000 (let's call it 30 zillion) - I didn't know there was a zillion. Is there a gazillion too? atoms of Argon.

In a few minutes, those atoms you've exhaled will travel right through your neighborhood. In a year, they will have spread all around the Earth, and about 15 of them will be right back where they started ---- in your nose. Argon is always in you and around you. And not just in you but also in your best friend, your favorite pop star, the birds, the snakes, flowers, trees, and worms. All of us air breathers are sharing those same argon atoms. Amazing, isn't it?

 This is so silly. No it doesn't. Only the dinosaur sketch is cute.
There's more, but thats all I got. The facts led on to the life of dinosaurs and that argon atoms don't disappear or disintegrate, they stay forever. So I guess at least some things are forever huh?

Random facts about me: I'm hot tempered. Like I can flare up all of a sudden when I get mad but then I cool down really fast. One minute I'm mad at any idiotic thing and the next, I'm just like, forget it. Ha! But don't get me mad!

So the next thing I'm gonna say is,
I've been getting from a lot of people about what they're gonna do in their life. Well, not exactly, a lot of them are about what they chose to further study after school. And most of the answers I get are, Business. - In this sense, I meant focusing on money.

Look, don't get me wrong, you can take whatever course you choose. I don't mean this in a bad way. I'm right, right? But recently my dad told me, 

The most richest man in the world, cannot buy youth.
How many people agree with this? I know I do. However rich and loaded you are, you cannot turn back time and make yourself youthful and full of life again. Every person has their own vicious life cycle. And this makes me think about a lot of other things we do in our lives. Get yourself a better profession, I would say.


I was brought up to have a certain mindset that we must somehow give back. Be grateful and give back to the world what the world gave you. So why focus on earning money? You cannot bring money and riches to the next world. Nor can you forever have possession over them. Life shouldn't be only about money. Surely in the world these days money and riches are all people can think about. Without money, you don't survive. 


I'm trying to say, do something else which is much more meaningful. Something perhaps people in the future can remember you for. Do something brave, have a huge impact on the human race. Invent something. Help someone everyday. Gather knowledge to be wiser everyday. Change the world. Make it a better place to be. 


Because in the end, your life should be worth it. You only live once - YOLO


Chase your dreams. Don't stop and give up for some minute bumps. I believe however far off your dream seems to be, you will eventually make it there. As long as you have that winning positive thinking. 


Which brings me back to my first blog post. Your comfort zone and where something amazing will happen is definitely not the same. Step out of your comfort zone, unless you wanna be a loser all your life. What a waste that will be.


People these days spent too much of their time wasting it away. And many of us are trying to find shortcuts, easiest, simplest ways to do a lot of things. Like, what even the point? There are so many many many many examples of these I can't even... From parents to teenagers, to students, to little kids. 


What happened to old fashioned good and proper?

And don't even start by saying the world is so big, what difference can I make? That is so, so wrong. A little goes a long way. You never try and you'll never know. Then you'll spend the rest of your pathetic life thinking, what if?


It just hits me, how twisted and horrible and bad and down and awful peoples' thinking are these days. First of all, make everyday better by just doing some good. You'll have that wonderful sense of satisfaction. And giving back, remember? 


'Coz the world owes you nothing, nobody owes you anything. Not even your parents. No one is obligated to be nice to you, either. So be grateful for whatever and anything you have and what people do for you. 


Look wider and further away than just what's right in front of you. Life is the bigger picture, giving up and settling for the smaller piece of the puzzle is just not worthy of the vast opportunities and chances everyone is given. 

Make a change.  

















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...