Sunday, July 1, 2012

Collective Haul & Review: NYX, MAC, Revlon & More!

OK, I guess after watching too many beauty videos I'm getting so obsessed! And also I needed some products! Really happy I got all these, so satisfied! These products are stuff I picked up from different places. And decided to do a Haul & Review!

Let's begin with the review, I'll start off with NYX!
In case you don't know what NYX is:


NYX cosmetics are an official U.S brand, very popular amongst makeup artists worldwide. All of their products are gluten-free and also cruelty free! Check out their official website from the U.S. here!





1.                                         NYX Slim Eye Pencil


This is such a good product. I love this. Their texture are so creamy, so pigmented and so rich. They can line your eyes wonderfully. And because of their creaminess, you can also use them as an eyeshadow and blend it out! They have tons of colors to choose from. I got 6 of them. (from top to bottom) Black, White, Sapphire, Black Glitter, Black Brown, Baby Pink.


Here are some close ups:


Black Glitter
I love the glitter in this! Tried lining my eyes with this and it looked AMAZING!!
Slight warning: don't get this into your waterline though, the glitter in it could go into your eyes. Yes I tried it. I was curious, OK?


White
This white is so pigmented and it slides ever so effortlessly. Great for tightlining!


Baby Pink
This was not as sharp as the rest of the pencils because when the package arrived, it broke! heartbroken. I had to sharpen it and wasted a whole lot of product! sad face.
But other than that, it is a really nice pink! It has a shimmer in it. So I prefer to use it as a highlight for the inner corners of my eyes. Or even a light eyeshadow.


Sapphire
When I hear the name Sapphire I pictured a slightly lighter blue than this? This color is more darker than I would have expected. It has a sparkle so its not only just a plain dark blue color. Very nice!


Two more of the Slim Eye Pencils are Black and Black Brown which I think is the most common of all eye pencils anyone would get. So I don't have pictures of those two! I love the Black though, very dark and again, so effortless for lining my eyes. 




2.  NYX Eyeshadow Base 


This is in shade Pearl. And it was the last one out of all three shades they have. I would have gotten the normal one, which is White. But Pearl is great on its own! As the name suggest, it gives my eyeshadows a really brightening look and it makes them stay on longer. Aye, thats what eyeshadow bases are for. 

I was actually on the lookout to get Urban Decay's Primer Potion but hmm this seem a better option for a first eye primer to own. I don't usually use primers coz they cause makeup to be a tad bit more difficult to remove. I mean they do help keep your make up staying on your face all day. But sometimes I literally have to scrub my face to make sure my makeup's all off. Or else you break out in acne & blemishes. Ugh. 



3.                                                     NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil


More eye products! This I believe is quite famous everywhere, lots of makeup videos I see on youtube have people using these.
Anyways. I wanted to get a thicker Black liner so its easier for when there is thicker eye lining in need. I got the ones in Black Bean and Purple. The purple's a really nice shade, its more of a blue-y kind of purple. I was looking for more of a Justin Bieber kinda purple. O well. It would suffice. 





4.                                                         NYX Round Lipstick


Round lipsticks are NYX's all time favorites. This is in Jupiter. Its a light, shimmery baby pink! So pretty! 


5. NYX Eyeshadow Pigment


This is in Purple, it says Ultra Pearl Mania on the bottle. And it matches Justin Bieber purple! Because y'all know I'm such a bieber fan. winks.
I rarely ever use pigment, because they never adhere properly to the skin and causes a lot of fall outs. 



OK, so that was the last of my NYX Haul! If you buy NYX products off this website HERE you'll also get to choose a Free Eyeshadow Pigments for every purchase of NYX products! They come with a QR code that you can scan and win vouchers! They ship really fast and your parcel will arrive you before you know it! (For malaysian customers) f.y.i they are also an authorized reseller of Sigma brushes! So you're interested!
I do have an eye on the Mrs. Bunny Essential Brush Kit that has everything! 

Make sure to check them out! Highly recommend buying from them! 

(From left to right) Eyeshadow pigment in Gold and Hot Pink!

Moving on with my Haul & Review

I need to say this: I am finally, finally, finally being able to get this that I've been wanting for so god knows how long! I am now at peace. Exhale.




MAC FIX + !!!!!!!


This. Is. Amazing. I cannot describe how amazing this is. OK I will not bother explaining how awesome this is, please google and then goggle at its humongous numbers of uses possible. And I finally got it!! Screams and runs around.


Next, I have 

Revlon Colourstay Foundation 


This is such good foundation for me I have to say. Should've used up more often first, though. It supposedly for combo & oily skin, I have combo. It also stands for its name. Colour stay. I have to tell you, this really lasts all day!! At the end of the day I'm still having trouble fully removing it. sour face. But I love this! Good for my combo skin. And so much less hassle with its staying power.

OH ONE MORE THING! This foundation has THE WORST EVER PACKAGING!! 



This is a screw on cap and the bottle is just open like that! OMG groans horribly.
How on earth are people gonna get foundation out without messing up? You gotta pick up the bottle and pour it. Ugh. How I wish they come in a pump!! Well, maybe they do. Why can't they include it in the original packaging? Stupid.

Calming down

Let's move on to the last and final Haul & Review of the day!

The Typo store at Pavillion KL was on sale that day, there were A lot of people. Everyone was either stocking up on their unique school supplies and stationeries or ridiculously awed at their cute designs! They have lots of fun office, work & school supplies there. Which I love, btw. These are what I got from there: 


I finally got a laptop sleeve! I like to call it a sleeve, a laptop bag to me should be able to fit also the power chords. So this is a sleeve.
Its the black one I'm holding on to. It only fits the laptop so its good and compact for me.

Another thing


Saw this really cute A4 sized organizer! That's how it looked on the inside, there are so many compartments for your stuff! You can bring to class, put your notes and important papers inside. And basically just use it as a class thing. Thats what I'm planning to do anyway. Its so pretty I loved it from the moment I saw it! The only problem was, the organizer was white outside. And I'm a monster for getting white stuff stained. sad face. I will try my best to keep this in tiptop shape! Really glad I got this!


I almost forgot! This was something I got quite some time ago. A friend recommended this webpage to me: Check out http://bookcasemac.blogspot.com/ for awesome deals on these & other related items! 

Macbook Keyboard covers!!
sorry about the yellow lighting. I have a yellow lamp.


Purple Polkadots! 




Plain purple! shakey!
(I have a yellow lamp. That's why the lighting's yellow.)

Love these! Strongly recommend anyone who owns a macbook to get one of these. It covers your keyboard and keeps the vents between the keys clear of dusts and, in my case, teeny tiny ants from getting inside your computer.







OK so that concludes the end of my Haul & Review post today. Make sure you leave comments in the comment box below or in the talk box in the right sidebar. Tell me all about your experience on any of these if you own any one of them! Would love to hear from all of you! big smile.


Oh look! There's a picture of Alyna in Nandos the other day. Say hi! I swear I looooooove Nandos. Gonna miss it when I fly. 











Disclaimer: I was not sponsored, asked, or paid in anyway for this. All items are purchased on my own. All opinions are my own. 


Companies wishing to contact me: janice_frens4life@hotmail.com
Strictly business enquiries only!
























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...